1. Prospective Students
Foreigners and Overseas Chinese
2. Application Time
※ Non-degree long-term class (Preliminary, Intermediate and Advanced Chinese Language Class, Crash Chinese Course, Business Chinese, HSK Training, Cantonese, Spare-time Chinese Language Class): Enroll students in both spring semester and fall semester. Transfer students are accepted during the semester.
Spring semester class: Applications are accepted from Oct. 8 to Jan. 8 the next year.
Fall semester class: Applications are accepted from April 8 to July 8.
※ Undergraduate Program of Chinese Language, Overseas Chinese Education: Enroll students in fall semester. Applications are accepted from April 8 to July 8.
※ Short-term Chinese classes accept applicants all the year round. A class opens with 10 or more students. The application time for other short-term classes can be found in the relative admission prospectuses. For applicants who fail to submit their applications within the regulated time, please contact the Admission Office of the college directly.
3. Application Method
(1). Submit the photo copies of the application documents through fax, email or mail.
(2). Pay the application fee by transfer between bank accounts, or in person on registration.
4. Application Place
Admission Office, Room 110 of Administration Building, College of Chinese Language & Culture, Jinan University
5. Application Documents
(1). For Full-time Undergraduate Programs:
1) One printed copy of the completed application form of Jinan University. Visit web site: http://lxlz.jnu.edu.cn or http://lxlz.jnu.cn, fill out the form online, and print the application form and sign your name.
2) Photo copies of the passport or other valid IDs. The original copies are to be examined and validated during registration procedure. Overseas Chinese applicants (overseas applicants with Chinese nationality) should also present the original copy of notarized deed issued by a local Chinese embassy or consulate that certifies the applicant's permanent or long-term residential status in the resident country. Furthermore, overseas Chinese applicants should live in the resident country at least 2 years in the past 4 years till the deadline of application ( A 9-month residence in the resident country qualifies as 1 year, excluding living outside China for the reason of study or work on official business.), and offer relevant records.
3) A graduation diploma and the official transcripts from high school. The applicants can submit photo copies, but the original copies are to be checked on registration. The diploma and transcript must be translated into Chinese or English and notarized by the local Chinese embassy or consulate.
4) The transcripts of Chinese Proficiency Test or Chinese training course and the photo copies of the credentials. The original copies are to be examined.
5) After applying for exemption of written examinations, the students admitted through interview should present reference letter(s) from Chinese embassies, consulates, Representative office overseas Chinese communities, overseas Chinese schools or famous people from overseas Chinese communities or the headmasters of the local high schools.
6) Two recent color photos without hat or head coverings (size: 30mm× 50mm)
(2). For Long-term and Short-term Classes of Non-degree Programs
1) One copy of overseas students' completed application form of the College of Chinese Language and Culture, Jinan University. Application form can be downloaded from our home page http://hwy.jnu.edu.cn or ask for directly from the Admission Office of CCLC.
2) Photo copies of the passport or other valid IDs. The original copies are to be checked on registration.
3) One recent color photo without hat or head coverings (size: 30mm×50mm)
6. Admission and Visa Application
After the application documents and application fee are received, if eligible, an admission notice will be issued and sent to the student. After receiving the admission notice and other materials, the student should go to the local Chinese embassy or consulate to apply for a student visa ("X" visa). The "X" visa shall be converted into a residential permit within 30 days after arrival in China.
Some students may need a "Visa Application for Study in China" form (JW202) when they apply for a student visa. We will send the JW202 form to these students, but make sure to apply for this form 2 months earlier, for it takes 2 months for approval. Foreign students under the age of 18 must be in the custody of guardians who should be a permanent resident in Guangzhou, and submit notarized certification of guardianship. For more details, please refer to "Guide to Notarized Certification of Guardianship for International Students under the Age of 18".
Transfer students from other Chinese universities can hold transfer letter from the former university, attendance records and valid residential permit to apply to extend their residential permit upon arrival.